Frequently Asked Questions

(For phone numbers listed, use area code 541)

How do I start or stop water and sewer accounts?

Call City Hall at 475-2344. For more information, click here.

What are the City Hall and Police Department Office hours? Where are they located?

PD/City Hall Office Hours: Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.; Closed for most holidays. PD/City Hall is located at 125 SW "E" Street in downtown Madras.

What hours is Public Works open? Where is it located?

Public Works Crew Hours: Monday through Friday, 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.

Public Works Facility (employees only; not open to the public) is located at 216 NW "B" Street in downtown Madras.

Public Works Administrative Offices are located at City Hall at 125 SW "E" Street in downtown Madras.

Who do I call if I have an emergency?

You can always dial 9-1-1 for emergencies.
Street-related emergencies, call 541-948-7121
Water, wastewater or stormwater-related emergencies, call 541-948-6970
Park or golf course-related emergencies, call 541-410-7125.

When are City Council Meetings scheduled?

City Council meetings are held the second and fourth Tuesday of each month in the City Hall Council Chambers.

Check the City Council Meetings webpage for more information.

Are business licenses necessary for doing business within the City of Madras?

Yes; anyone doing business within the City of Madras must have a business license. For an application, click here. For more information, please call City Hall at 541-475-2344.

What do I need to do to hold a special event in Madras?

The City of Madras welcomes public events and small gatherings, however most events within the City of Madras require a special events permit which must be obtained and approved by the City.

How do I report nuisances, street/park/sewer-related issue or file a complaint?

You can either obtain a hard copy of the form at City Hall, or to report directly online, click here.

How much do City of Madras SDCs cost for building a home within city limits?

City SDCs can be estimated between $11,000 – $13,000 for a single family home, but depend greatly on factors specific to the property and the structure being built. For more information, please contact the Community Development Department at 541-475-3388 or use the City's Fees/SDCs webpage for assistance. The help sheet is for reference only and does not provide exact SDC cost estimates.

How do I request an inspection?

To request an inspection, please call the Public Works Inspection Hotline at 541-475-3707. Inspection requests need to be called in at least 24 hours prior to the inspection is needed.